Student Financial Services
Ontario Students Assistance Program (OSAP)
- Please visit the OSAP page on the Student Financial Services (SFS) website for information about OSAP applications.
- All financial matters relating to your OSAP account and other financial concerns need to be addressed to SFS.
- For OSAP purposes, students with permanent disabilities are considered full-time with a 40% course load – your OSAP advisor must be advised of your status.
- Your Disability Counsellor can provide SFS with a letter confirming that you have a documented permanent disability (no diagnosis will be included).
- Whether you take a 40% course load or more, it may be beneficial for you to disclose that you have a permanent disability to OSAP as you are automatically considered for a high needs grant of up to $2000.
- If you have dropped a course before the drop date because of disability related reasons, you can petition to receive a partial reimbursement.
- If you drop a course after the drop date, an academic petition must be submitted and approved first, before a financial petition can be made.
- Information about financial petitions is available from the Refunds page on the SFS website.
Bursaries and Awards Information
A variety of resources exist to assist students in need of financial support. Information about the Bursary for Students with Disabilities (BSWD) is available from the Government Scholarships and Bursaries page on the SFS website. Students can also visit the Financial Aid and Scholarships, Awards and Bursaries pages on the SFS website.
Additional information is available from