Academic Accommodation, School of Continuing Studies

Important Information for Students with Disabilities who are Enrolled in the School of Continuing Studies

If you are enrolled in the School of Continuing Studies and require academic accommodation in any of your courses, please follow the steps outlined below.

Steps to request academic accommodation:

  1. Visit our Disability Services Documentation page to determine the type of medical/psychological documentation that you need to submit.
  2. Once you have your documentation, you may submit it to the School of Continuing Studies, (room 116 Atkinson Building), in a sealed envelope.  Your documentation will be forwarded to the Disability Services (DS) office in Counselling & Disability Services (CDS) on your behalf.  Alternatively, you can scan your completed documentation package and email it directly to DS at  (clearly indicate in your email that you are registered with the School of Continuing Studies and provide your student ID number).
  3. Your documentation will be reviewed by qualified professional staff within DS and it will be stored in a confidential database maintained by DS for a 15 year period from date of contact.
  4. You will be contacted to arrange a meeting with DS to discuss our recommended academic accommodations. If you do not hear from DS within 5 business days about arranging a meeting to discuss your academic accommodations, please contact us via email at or call 416-736-2100 x 77424.
  5. Once your academic accommodations have been confirmed, (following your meeting with one of the staff from DS), we will provide you with a Letter of Accommodation (LOA), listing recommended academic accommodations.
  6. Please deliver your LOA in a sealed envelope to the School of Continuing Studies.
  7. The School of Continuing Studies will arrange for the academic accommodations to be implemented.  Questions related to the implementation of the academic accommodations should be directed to the School of Continuing Studies.