Project ADVANCE (PA) is a FREE transition program offered through Student Accessibility Services (SAS). It is a two-week intensive program, designed to prepare York students with documented disabilities for success in their post-secondary studies.
Participants will have the opportunity to:
- learn about assistive technologies
- attend learning skills sessions on topics such as "Critical Thinking"
- become familiar with York's Keele campus and the supports that are available here
- examine individual areas of academic strength and weakness as they relate to the challenges of university studies
- develop self advocacy skills
While we welcome students at any point in their studies at York, (provided they are newly registered with SAS), the primary focus of this program is the transition from high school to university.
There is a SAS Orientation Session on Sunday, August 12th. PA participants are expected to attend this session. Parents, or other support persons, are welcome.
Students interested in taking part in PA must complete our online Summer 2018 "PA" Application. Applications must be received by Monday, August 6th.